Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Week 2

Alright! The plan for Week 2.

We are gonna go on an apple fast. What does it involve? Apples, yes, apples that's it. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, anytime you are hungry get an apple, any type of an apple but only an apple. Nothing else, except water. Drink a LOT of water. We'll do it for three days. Dom and I are doing it Wed, Thu and Fri. Kyle started on Tue because that suits his schedule better. Tina, you should join me and Dom tomorrow! After the apple fast we'll go back to week 1 diet for the weekend.

Tomorrow, I'll bring a dozen organic red apples.

What are the benefits of doing an apple fast?

"This type of cleansing will regulate your digestive system and allow your liver to function more efficiently in burning calories and releasing fat from your cells.
It will also shrink your stomach and get rid of unwanted sugar cravings."

From http://bodyatwork.tripod.com/splan/id26.html

"This is a 3 day long fast that cleanses away all the toxins dumped in the internal system including kidneys, colon, intestines and the gall bladder. The pectin of the apples leeches way all the toxins and refreshes your internal system."

From http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Apple-Cleansing-Diet---Does-Apple-Cleansing-Work?&id=2279384

"The apples contain pectin, which leeches toxins from the blood stream and intestines. It will also leech anything with food value, so don't eat anything else, including vitamins (which serve only to assist in the absorption and digestion of other foods, and are useless by themselves). Drink only distilled water, for the same reason. It's called a fast because, by eating only apples, the body is fooled into a fasting mode, where it starts dumping toxins from the liver, kidneys, and other internal organs, into the bloodstream, where they can be leeched by the pectin. Nonetheless, be prepared to feel grouchy on the 2nd day, due to the release of all the toxins into your system. Eat a minimum of 8-10 apples a day."

From http://www.curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=427097

3 comments:

  1. Note to self - Avoid the apple diet while traveling.

    It's day 2 for me and I feel great! Unfortunately, I was just on a 4 hour flight enjoying apples number 5-6, and then they started "working"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the first day of this detox program I felt weak. But during the remainder of week 1 I had lots of energy. Kaushik's "Mate" tea kept me going, I guess. So far I have lost about 5 lbs. Not bad!

    I am now at the end of day 1 of the apple fast. 7 or 8 apples . I had a couple of rough meetings during the day, which drained some of the energy I had in the morning :( Can't wait for day 2.... I read we have to down 2 tbsp of olive oil at the end of day 3. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha.. tht's too funny kyle, thankfully you had access to bathrooms.

    Day 1 - 8 apples. I woke up fresh with lots of energy. I feel light and centered.

    Day 2 - 4 apples so far. It's a beautiful day outside and I feel great!

    Guys and Girls, go for it. Do an apple fast but do it after a week of prep. Look at other postings on this blog.

    ReplyDelete